Johnson Employment Law Practice Areas
Human Resources & Risk Management Consulting
Johnson Employment Law provides reliable Human Resources consulting, including drafting and implementing employee handbooks and policies, performing audits, and counseling employees. Johnson Employment Law’s human resources consulting is performed by attorneys, thereby creating an attorney-client privilege that other Human Resources consultants can not offer.
- Employee Handbooks Johnson Employment Law can create the perfect employee handbook for your company or update your handbook to reflect changes within your company or changes in California law. A well-drafted employee handbook encompasses the entire range of legal issues arising in the workplace. Every business has its own particular culture, values and personnel practices, so no single set of inclusions will suffice for all company handbooks. Oftentimes, employers include arbitration clauses in their employee handbooks, without realizing these are not enforceable under California law unless drafted properly. Make sure that your employee handbook is up to date and all provisions are enforceable.
- Employment Law Compliance Audits Johnson Employment Law is focused on reducing clients’ exposure and Ms. Johnson is experienced in risk management assessment. Frequently, California employers have a hard time properly classifying their employees as exempt or non-exempt due to the ever-changing law in this area. California meal and rest break laws have also recently changed. You can trust Ms. Johnson to properly audit your company to make sure you are in compliance with all California laws.
- Policy Matters Johnson Employment Law is experienced in drafting and assisting companies in setting forth their discrimination and harassment policies, leave policies, grievance and disciplinary procedures, vacation policies, housekeeping matters, and payroll practices.
- Hiring Johnson Employment Law assists companies with hiring and recruiting practices, including applications, offer letters, job descriptions, executive compensation and employment agreements, proper classification of exempt/nonexempt employees, independent contractor arrangements, recordkeeping and required filings.
- Severance Agreements Trust Johnson Employment Law to draft a clear and concise severance agreement and release that can withstand the test of litigation and protect your company. Johnson Employment Law can also assist you when it is time to reduce your workforce and avoid litigation.